We’ve moved from Chicago to a small town in Texas about a year and a half ago. There is a lot to appreciate about our new little town, but restaurants are NOT included. This has taken a toll on us. When we lived in Chicago, Chili’s was considered not worthy, now, it’s our go~to place….. Yes, I am a MAJOR food snob. Just to clarify, I didn’t say that EXPENSIVE food makes for good food. I don’t mind paying but if I don’t feel like it was worth it, I’m gonna be mad and there are plenty of expensive restaurants that are not worth it. So, having said all of that, I have taken matters into my own hands and decided to have a theme each weekend, find recipes, make them, photograph them, enjoy them and share them. This is a good opportunity for me to practice taking pictures as well. Regardless, it makes me happy and it makes my man happy! Let’s begin.
I have chosen this wine to accompany all of the Italian recipes for this weekend. Please note, I am NOT a wine connoiseur so give me some slack…
Then I made a chopped salad that I copied off one of our favorite restaurants in Schaumburg, Illinois called Zeal.
This chopped salad is made with:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Purple Cabbage
- Red Pepper
- Green Onions
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
( The good stuff all fell to the bottom in the little bowl but I have a plan for that for next time, for picture taking purposes).
Geary’s Healthy Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic raw apple cider
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup UDO’S CHOICE EFA OIL BLEND
- 2 teaspoons organic 100% maple syrup
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 minced garlic clove
(This dressing is AWESOME)!
We will also be making and posting throughout the weekend, the following recipes:
- FRIED CALAMARI https://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/5453-fried-calamari
- BRUSCHETTA WITH GOAT CHEESE, FIG AND PROSCIUTTO https://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/6150-bruschetta-with-goat-cheese-fig-and-prosciutto
- STUFFED MEATBALLS WITH MARINARA https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/8080-stuffed-meatballs-with-marinara
- THREE MEAT CALZONE https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/3648-three-meat-calzone
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any recipes you cannot access via the links I provided and I will be happy to email you the recipes ~ I do not sell emails.
What have all of you got planned? Always interested to hear!
Happy Eating on the Weekend!